Package: sponsorship-requests
Severity: important

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for the package "transmission":

 * Package name     : transmission
   Version          : 4.0.5-1.2
 * URL              : https://transmissionbt.com/
 * License          : GPL-3 or LGPL-2.1, ISC, Expat, GPL-2, GPL-3,
public-domain, BSD-3-clause, GPL-2+-OpenSSL, Zlib, GPL
 * Vcs              : https://salsa.debian.org/debian/transmission
   Section          : net

The source builds the following binary packages:

  transmission - lightweight BitTorrent client
  transmission-common - lightweight BitTorrent client (common files)
  transmission-cli - lightweight BitTorrent client (command line programs)
  transmission-gtk - lightweight BitTorrent client (GTK+ interface)
  transmission-qt - lightweight BitTorrent client (Qt interface)
  transmission-daemon - lightweight BitTorrent client (daemon)

To access further information about this package, please visit the following
  https://mentors.debian.net/package/transmission/

Alternatively, you can download the package with 'dget' using this command:

  dget -x
https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/transmission/transmission_4.0.5-1.2.dsc

Changes since the last upload:

 transmission (4.0.5-1.2) unstable; urgency=medium
 .
   [ Alexandre Rossi]
   * Non-maintainer upload.
   * build webapp from source (Closes: #1041519)
   * fix build on bookworm
 .
   [ Sandro Tosi ]
   * remove myself from this package maintainership

I have not been able to get feedback from the maintainers and I feel they lack
time or interest in the package. My fix has been provided as a PR[1] for a
couple
of weeks now.

As I am a user and a DM, I could take over maintainance if that's wanted, or
provide any level of required support in that context.

lintian error note: my upload contains a lintian error source-is-missing and
source-ships-excluded-file. As this is a NMU, I chose not to change upstream
tarball and restrict to fixing the RC bug and FTBS in bookworm for backports.
Again, if I get ack from maintainers, I can prepare an upload cleaning up these.

Regards,
--
  Alexandre Rossi