On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 11:14:26AM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> > 1  Feb 2004 :  Final upload, or hinted 'remove' from testing
>
>   We have already entered this point; and all uploads are done.

At least #231870 remains to be fixed. I've also just filed a bug against
libjackasyn0 for having inconsistent libjack dependencies across
architectures.

>   The problem we currently have is that the buildd infrastructure has
>   not been in a very good shape, and thus we have a lot of packages
>   that are not building.
>
> This page is rather enlightening:
> http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=jack-audio-connection-kit&expand=1
>
>   We have a lot of logs that look like an interim build failure.
>   The pending task will be someone to get the builds actually done.

Agreed.

> > 11 Feb 2004 :  All jack-related packages enter testing, or gets
> > removed from testing.
>
>   This is rather optimistic at this rate. We may delay by a few weeks.

FYI, I've told testing that raptor needs to go in with
jack-audio-connection-kit, since its soname has also changed and at
least ardour depends on the new version. I'm keeping a fairly close eye
on the situation in general.

> > 1 Mar 2004  :  New jack release to Debian unstable.
>
>   This will be delayed until at least the following happens:

I think it's probably not a good idea to change jack's soname again
until after the sarge release, please. Every time it's happened up to
now it's been very painful to get the results into testing, because jack
and alsa have their tentacles into so many other complex subsystems.

Can I suggest that, in the future, it would be a good idea to rename the
jack-audio-connection-kit source package each time a new soname appears?
That way, the old and new versions could coexist in testing and you
wouldn't have this transition pain every time. You'd have to make
another upload of the old source package to stop it building jackd, but
that shouldn't be a significant problem compared to the current bad
situation.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]