Package: release.debian.org
User: release.debian....@packages.debian.org
Usertags: transition
Severity: normal

Dear Debian Release Team,

I plan to start libaom transition as shown on the following transition
tracker:

https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-aom.html

The new version of libaom library has bumped SONAME (libaom0 -> libaom3) and
needs a transition.

There are 3 reverse build-dependencies, and I have verified that
the build would still pass with the new libaom currently in experimental:

* ffmpeg (ok)
* libheif (ok)
* gst-plugins-bad1.0 (ok)

Example Ben file (the one currently on auto-aom page should be ok):

title = "aom";
is_affected = .depends ~ "libaom3" | .depends ~ "libaom0";
is_good = .depends ~ "libaom3";
is_bad = .depends ~ "libaom0";

I expect it to be a smooth transition that only involves binNMUs. Please let
me know if there are any concerns.

Thanks,
Boyuan Yang