Hi Vincent,

On Wed, Apr 17, 2024 at 04:24:16AM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> Now that the deborphan package has been removed from unstable,
> the section "Make transition packages deborphan compliant" in
> "Best Packaging Practices" is out of date and should be updated.
>
> See https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1065312
> where "apt-mark auto ..." (for autoremove) is suggested as a
> replacement. But with it, putting transition packages to oldlibs
> is even more necessary.

thanks for filing this bug report. Patches are very welcome, it's all
mark down now.

--
cheers,
        Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

So what CAN we actually do? Well, individual decisions (eating less meat,
taking public transport, buying less fast fashion) are all important, but we
also need to change the system. As you may know, just 100 companies are
responsible for 71% of global emissions. (@JessicaTheLaw)
https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2017/jul/10/100-fossil-fuel-companies-investors-responsible-71-global-emissions-cdp-study-climate-change