On 11.05.24 12:06, Thomas Irgang wrote:
On 11.05.24 10:21, Aditya Garg wrote:
Hello

I wanted to create a custom ISO of Debian, with the following customisations:

1. I want to add a custom kernel that supports my Hardware.
2. I want to add my own Apt repo which hosts various software packages to support my hardware.

I am not able to get any good documentation for the same. Please help.

Hi Garg,

I'm aware of three tools which could fit your needs:

- Kiwi-ng: https://osinside.github.io/kiwi/
- Elbe: https://elbe-rfs.org/
- Debos: https://github.com/go-debos/debos

I have done a small comparison of these tools on the Easterhegg this year. You can find the recording at https://media.ccc.de/v/eh21-60-maintainable-embedded-linux-solutions and the slides at https://github.com/tomirgang/eh21_maintainable_linux.

For creating the apt repository, you could take a look at:

- Aptly: https://www.aptly.info/
- Reprepro: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianRepository/SetupWithReprepro

If you decide to go with kiwi, https://github.com/Elektrobit/ebcl_template/ may be worth a look.

If you decide to go with elbe, https://github.com/Linutronix/elbe/pull/407 and https://github.com/thir820/elbe_dev_container/tree/ebcl_1.1.1_no_vm may be interesting.