Am 29.03.24 um 17:39 schrieb c.bu...@posteo.jp:
Dear Carsten,

thank for your reply and your patience with me. :)

On 2024-03-29 16:23 Carsten Schoenert <c.schoen...@t-online.de> wrote:
You need to use "opts=mode=git, ...", see the man page of uscan.

Are you sure.

Of course I'm sure, I've tested the snippets before posting it on the list. Did you test this on your side and have any issues?

For example this watch file do not use "opts="
https://sources.debian.org/src/backintime/1.4.3-1/debian/watch/

You need to ask the person that did probably this creation or modification. I can't answering this.

Also some examples on the wikipage about "debian/watch" do not use
"opts=".

You seems to expect that the wiki is all known and answering place. No, that is this not. It's by nature always "outdated". But it's a wiki, everyone can edit it.

Please be aware that I don't only want to solve one technical problem
with one specific package. I want to understand the whole thing ("big
picture") to improve the documentation.

Well, that's not that complicated for uscan, it does mainly one thing (which is done in multiple steps, have a look into the man page), it's scanning upstream resources, fetching data and creates an tarball ready for importing.

opts="mode=git, \

uversionmangle=s/(\d)[_\.\-\+]?((RC|rc|pre|dev|beta|alpha)\.?\d*)$/$1~$2/,
\ dversionmangle=s/\+ds(\.?\d+)?$//" \
https://codeberg.org/buhtz/hyperorg.git \
       refs/tags/v(\d+\S+)

And uscan will find the most recent version matching the regexp.

I see 3 different regex patterns in this line. Why?

I see one that is relevant to your original question. The other two you mean are used in other "opts" variables, these variable are also explained too in the man page of uscan.

--
Regards
Carsten