On 2024-05-02, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Vagrant Cascadian]
>> Still appears to be an issue, though tests.reproducible-builds.org is no
>> longer testing build path variations. Downgrading the severity
>> accordingly.
>
> Hm, then I do not understand the fix.  As far as I can tell, the default
> build flags are used.  Perhaps you can take a look at this orphaned
> package in <URL: https://salsa.debian.org/debian/xsok > and commit a fix
> that really solve the issue.

There are two things; even if CFLAGS is actually available, the upstream
build system uses CCOPTIONS instead. CFLAGS was not exported, maybe due
to being classing debhelper rather than modern dh style?

I took the liberty of converting the rules file to dh (although I
struggled getting dh_auto_install to do the right thing and mostly left
that alone)... which appears to do the right thing and allows replacing
the manual calls to dpkg-buildflags with their corresponding
variables... not to mention considerably less boilerplate! I did not do
any significant testing, although debdiff showed no difference after the
conversion.

> I plan a new upload tomorrow to push the latest git changes into
> unstable.

Thanks!

live well,
  vagrant