Le Sun, Oct 29, 2023 at 02:57:01PM -0100, Graham Inggs a écrit :

> No, after the NEW packages have cleared NEW and the moreinfo tag is
> removed, we'll consider a slot for the transition.  We would like to
> avoid stalling the transition with multiple packages going through
> NEW, and putting pressure on FTP Masters by telling them a package is
> needed for a transition is not nice either.

Hi Graham,

although the previous transition introduced a lot of NEW packages
transitively depending on each other, this was quite exceptional.  We do
not expect that core parts of the dependency chain will change again
this time.

With this in mind, can I ask why is it necessary to upload to
experimental first?  We never had to do it before, and it is a lot of
extra work.

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy                         Nagahama, Yomitan, Okinawa, Japan
Debian Med packaging team         http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med