Package: release.debian.org
Severity: normal
User: release.debian....@packages.debian.org
Usertags: unblock
Control: affects -1 + src:steam-installer

steam-installer doesn't seem to be migrating, and its excuses page
presents an empty list of reasons why not.

In the HTML output, under "Additional info" (which if I understand
correctly is meant to be for notes that do not affect migration), it
says:

- Additional info:
    - uninstallable on arch amd64, not running autopkgtest there
    - uninstallable on arch i386, not running autopkgtest there

but in the YAML output, I see that actually this might be the reason why
it isn't migrating:

    autopkgtest:
      verdict: REJECTED_TEMPORARILY
  reason:
  - autopkgtest

I find this confusing, because steam-installer doesn't have any autopkgtest
coverage at all.

The steam-installer:amd64 contrib binary package is uninstallable if you
don't have an i386 foreign architecture added, because Valve's proprietary
code has hard dependencies on both amd64 and i386 libraries. Is this
perhaps what the migration software is unhappy about? But I thought we
could have uninstallable packages as long as they are not a regression?

Similarly, the steam:i386 contrib binary package is uninstallable unless
you are actually on an amd64 system.

The other binary packages (in main) should be installable on their
appropriate architectures with no special measures.

Thanks,
    smcv