03.02.2024 12:43, Adam D. Barratt :
..
I'm aware of the autopkgtest failure with cryptsetup, working on it
now.
It looks like we broke suspend/resume in this version of qemu.

Oops. Is that related to the cryptsetup failure, or a separate issue?

Yes, it is related to cryptsetup autopkgtest failure.  It looks
like this is the only place where suspend/resume code in qemu
is actually being used, - it's rather rare to suspend (hybernate)
a virtual machine, and cryptsetup performs testing of how the
encrypted filesystem is unlocked (or not) on resume.

I already found the upstream commit which broke this (in all
supported versions of upstream qemu, including master), dunno
yet what to do with it, - trying to reduce the cryptroot test
to some manageable minimum.

It'd be sad to avoid updating of qemu due to this.  But let's
see..

Thanks,

/mjt