On Fri 24 Sep 2021 04:40:29 PM EDT, Paul Gevers <elb...@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Torrance,

On 24-09-2021 22:30, Torrance, Douglas wrote:
I had noticed this as well.  My guess is that it has something to do with
the transition of ntl.  libntl43 is in testing, and libntl44 recently
appeared
in unstable.  The unstable autopkgtests, using only libntl44, run without
issue, e.g., [1], but the testing autopkgtests, which use both, have these
segfaults.  We even see both soname versions appearing in the stacktrace:

But as the transition isn't finished yet, we'd keep both versions of
libntl in testing. So, what's loading the old one?

Possibly flint and/or singular?  Both are dependencies of Macaulay2 which
also link against libntl, and both have also already gone through binNMU's
for libntl44 in unstable.

 3# NTL::UniqueArray<NTL::UniquePtr<NTL::FFTPrimeInfo,
NTL::DefaultDeleterPolicy> >::~UniqueArray() in
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libntl.so.44
 4# __cxa_finalize in /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
 5# 0x00007F02080D25B3 in /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libntl.so.43

I'm hopeful that once ntl 11.5.1-1 migrates to testing (which is
imminent, as
today is day 5 of 5), this issue will be resolved.

Please don't miss my "flaky" note. That's an RC bug in it's own right.

I'm afraid I don't follow.  Is this note referring to the previous, unrelated
autopkgtest failures?  Those particular tests have been reported upstream
and are now being skipped.

Doug