Hello,

On 2023-01-14 13:12, Rebecca N. Palmer wrote:
theano has been mostly abandoned upstream since 2018.  (The Aesara fork is not abandoned, but includes interface changes including the import name, so would break reverse dependencies not specifically altered for it.)

Its reverse dependencies are keras, deepnano and invesalius.

It is currently broken, probably by numpy 1.24 (#1027215), and the immediately obvious fixes weren't enough (https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/theano/-/pipelines).

Is this worth spending more effort on fixing, or should we just remove it?

keras is needed to train evaluation models for qmean [1] which I intend [2] to package eventually. qmean is a quite popular protein model evaluation tool, personally I use it a lot and I believe it would be useful to have it in Debian.

That said, it is OK to omit keras in bookworm if need be, but I would like to see it back for trixie.

[1] https://git.scicore.unibas.ch/search?search=keras&nav_source=navbar&project_id=69&group_id=25&search_code=true&repository_ref=master
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/976981

Best,
Andrius