Hi Rebecca (2024.01.03_21:27:49_+0000)
> pandas and statsmodels are currently using cython3-legacy.  I left their
> cython 3.0 bugs open when I made this change, as I do want to actually
> switch them to cython 3.x at some point.
>
> These bugs have now been raised to RC.  Is this an intentional attempt to
> remove cython3-legacy (which seems unlikely as there is no such bug on
> cython3-legacy itself), or have they been mistaken for packages that still
> depend on plain cython3 but don't build with cython3 3.x (which would be an
> active FTBFS and hence RC)?
>
> If the second, how should such bugs be marked to make them less confusing?
> Is removing the usertag enough?

I didn't review the bugs when I raised the severity, I just took
everything that was usertagged. Sorry!

I'd suggest lowering the severity again.

You could add a separate usertag for using cython3-legacy, but we
can also see that pretty easily by looking at reverse-depends.

Stefano

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/