On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 12:12:32AM -0500, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> I've attached the .idl and _i.cc files.  Could it be possible that
> omniorb4 changed its IDL format and/or implementation interface between
> 4.0.6 and 4.1.1?  (It still compiles just fine in testing, which has
> 4.0.6.)  That doesn't seem right, those things should be frozen in the
> CORBA standard, right?  What needs to change to work with 4.1.1?

http://www.salome-platform.org/forum/?groupid=10&forumid=9&thread=1002

quoting Vadim Sandler:

"""
The pre-requisite for SALOME is omniORB 4.0.x (4.0.5 is lowest
version).
GenericObj interface is implemented as successor of the omniORB's
RefCountServantBase class (which supports reference counting).
In omniORB 4.1 RefCountServantBase class is declared as obsolete and
defined empty. [...]
As it is described in the omniORB 4.1 documentation (Use's GUIDE, 'C++
language mapping/omniORB 4.0 compatibility' section) the reference
counting functionality of RefCountServantBase class is moved to the
class ServantBase.
Thus, SALOME does not support omniORB 4.1. You have to either use
omniORB 4.0.x or port SALOME to omniORB 4.1 by yourself.
"""

--
Alexandre Fayolle