Hi fellow Debian LTS and Debian Security memebers

When triaging the packages for LTS I looked into the package pcs. I saw
that it was already added to DSA needed so I have added it to DLA needed as
well. However when reading the correction for it I started to think that
the vulnerability may not be in PCS itself, but rather in
Thin::Backends::UnixServer::connect because the correction is to override
that function with a more secure umask.

I agree that it is good to fix the pcs package, but shouldn't we fix the
default umask in general?
I would argue that the default umask is insecure.

What do you think?

Cheers

// Ola

|  o...@inguza.com                    o...@debian.org            |