SInce Ossec HIDS is GNU Public licensed I think this is not a bad idea to
include this in the documentation.  The referenced article does describe
securing Debian with open source tools and I honestly have seen this
documentation for the first time tonight and I think it is very high
quality. The thing that caught my eye is disabling execution for /tmp.  I
managed thousands of Debian servers at one time and I often found hacker
scripts in ./tmp because of a Wordpress exploit.  This is because /tmp is
world writable and presumably people who don't know better are unlikely to
look for bad scripts there.  While I agree pulling third scripts with curl
is cringe-worthy I think Ossec HIDS is an exception because it is GNU
Public licensed.

Michael Lazin

.. τὸ γὰρ αὐτὸ νοεῖν ἐστίν τε καὶ εἶναι.