Hi,

in the course of the current CVEs regarding Exim there is claimed to be
an issue with libspf2. We (the Exim developers) are not sure, if this
is something *we* can on our side. We're not even sure about the
details, as of now we do not have any further information.

But, it *may* be related to this PR:
https://github.com/shevek/libspf2/pull/44/files
An individual "simon" told so in the #Exim IRC channel on librachat.

Do you see any chance to check this? And, if necessary, to release a
security update too?

If it turns out to be an issue, what do you think, should we at least
notify oss-security on that, to help other distros to fixing it?

Abstract of the knowledge we have so far:

ZDI-23-1472 | ZDI-CAN-17578 | CVE-2023-42118 | Exim Bug 3032