Hi,

As much as I love free software, I also need to consider how to make things
more active.

We can have IRC, Matrix, Mastodon, Diaspora, etc.  But the last two Debian
meetups I hosted nobody from this mailing list showed up.  So we are
talking about an empty audience.  And worse: during the events, nobody was
using Debian in their laptops (me included).

And everything is definitely mobile nowadays.  Telegram isn't an attempt to
hijack this mailing list or any other communication media, but to increase
the possibilities.  Even for newcomers.

BTW I use the free software client named "plus" to access Telegram.

Best Regards,
Helio Loureiro
http://helio.loureiro.eng.br
http://br.linkedin.com/in/helioloureiro
http://twitter.com/helioloureiro

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 10:15 PM Otto Kekäläinen <o...@debian.org> wrote:

> I agree that we should encourage a true open source alternative like
> Mattermost or Matrix.org or Zulip instead.

Till