> On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Rick Hawkins wrote:
>
> > I'm leaving in a few days for a workshop, so I'll buy second week of
> > august.  If the "Hot 603" motherboard is out, and reasonably priced,
> What about this motherboard?  I read a lot about board but never heard
> about it.
>
> > i'll try for one of those with a k6.  If not, I think it's a FIC 2011
> > with a K6-200.  I've found I can get that in a full tower with 3gb, 32mb
> I decided, that FIC PA2011 is the only one which fits the following:
>
>    1) 1MB Cache (supports more than 64MB memory)
>    2) supports SDRAM chips (which I consider to be the better ones
>       in terms of flexibility or the possibility of overclocking)

<snip>

I would suggest taking a look at the ABIT motherboards.  I've put
together five systems based on the IT5H, and they all work
flawlessly.  Check out Tom's Hardware Page for a rave review - you
can pick them up for about $135 or so with 512k pipeline cache.

The key here is that the board is JUMPERLESS.  All settings are done
in the bios, including bus speed, voltages, etc.  Changing cpus,
mucking about with overclocking and so on are a breeze.

http://www.abit.com.tw
Dean Carpenter          deano isat areyes dot com        94TT :)
Areyes, Inc.            deano isalsoat netaxis dot com

"No matter where you go, there you are"  sayeth Buckaroo, across the Eighth
Dimension