On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 20:59 +0000, Mark Clarkson wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 19:48 +0100, Rico Secada wrote:
> > Thanks, but this seems to need some unsupported codecs or something?
>
> I needed to do this the other way, avi to 3gp, and had to download the
> latest ffmpeg from subversion as the debian-multimedia repository didn't
> have 3gp compiled in. I used the following configure line:
>
> ./configure --enable-libx264 --enable-gpl --enable-libfaac
> --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libamr-nb --enable-libxvid
>
> Hope this helps!
> Mark.

After the build you could try this if you're using GNOME (it just came
up in my RSS feeds):

http://www.gnomefiles.org/app.php?soft_id=1885

Winff is a frontend for FFMPEG. It will convert most any video file that
FFmpeg will convert. WinFF does multiple files in multiple formats at
one time. You can for example convert mpeg's, flv's, and mov's, all into
avi's all at once.

You need a fully enabled ffmpeg to make full use if winff.

The screenshot shows 3gp but I've not tried it. It would be good to know
how well it works...