----- Original Message -----

If you want a distro that's almost constantly in flux, but is NOT a rolling
release, try Fedora.  Major releases every six months.  And support for it only
lasts for 13 months.  Fedora 17 is the current release, but 18 is avaiable as a
beta.

FYI: "Stable" versions are released every 2 or 3 years, and supported for 10 or
so.  Current stable release is Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 based on Fedora 12
and 13 code, which is about two to two and a half years old.  So equivalent to
Debian 6, more or less.  CentOS 6 and Scientific Linux 6 are the free community
versions.