I already installed gtk2-engines-xfce and gtk3-engines-xfce and
configure .gtkrc-2.0 and .config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini with Xfce-winter.

And when I strace the test applications from gtk-3-examples or
gtk-2-examples I see the application loading the configuration and the
gtk.css respectively gtkrc. Still only the gtk2 applications use the
theme, gtk3 applications look broken.

More ideas?

TIA
mad