On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 15:53:04 -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:

> rog...@queernet.org wrote:
>> Michael Graham wrote:
>> > As MITM proxies in school/business seem to be pretty common in the US
>> > and the UK.
>>
>> I bet your proxy firewall does it too.
>
> I bet not!  I think you are confusing https with http.  We are talking
> about https here not http.  And even then I don't know of any consumer
> grade firewalls that configure an http proxy by default.  Those tend to
> only be in industrial grade systems for larger sites for bigger
> companies and campuses.  I bet you are thinking of those http proxies.

Not "by default" per se, but the UBNT EdgeRouter series has the
capabilities to run the squidguard service from the factory (although
blacklists, etc. are up to the end-user).

$100 for the 3-port ERL model, or about $150 for the ER5-PoE model*;
though I suppose it's more a SMB-grade router at a "consumer" price point.

* note that while it has 5 ports it's in a "2 routed + 3 switched"
configuration, as opposed to the more common "WAN + 4 switched" layout of
SOHO stuff from Linksys et. al.