Am 27.03.2015 um 17:07 schrieb Paulo Roberto:
> Hello,
>
> During the boot, when it's time to bring the interfaces up, this process
> takes more than 5 minutes.
> The below message is displayed on the screen:
>
> A start job is running for LSB: Raise network interface [5:16]
>
> After the timeout the systems works normally.
>
> I'm using Lenny on a 64bit machine and the systemd init system.

I assume you mean Jessie here.

>  It seams the problem is some race condition that results in a deadlock.
> The systemd is waiting for a condition that never is satisfied.

..

> Mar 27 09:50:36 vali networking[745]: run-parts: executing
> /etc/network/if-up.d/openntpd

I think the problem is the openntpd hook, which calls
invoke-rc.d openntpd force-reload.

/etc/init.d/openntpd itself requires $network though.
So this might be the dead lock.

If you purge openntpd, or remove /etc/network/if-up.d/openntpd, is the
problem gone?

universe are pointed away from Earth?