On Wed, 1 Apr 2015 22:54:02 -0400
Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:

> So where is the std place it would normally live?  If it can still find
> the old iceweasel password cache, that would be a huge plus.

I usually unpack it in /opt/ after renaming the previous version dir from
firefox to firefox_xx-y-z so I can, in case of problem, easily revert to the
earlier version by changing dir name again. .

And I have a link in /usr/bin pointing to /opt/firefox/firefox

Cheers,

Ron.
--
      The holy passion of Friendship is of so sweet and steady and loyal
      and enduring a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime,