On Fri, Jun 02, 2023 at 03:24:13PM +0200, Mario Marietto wrote:
I mean. I cant use qemu on that I5 cpu because is slow without kvm. Kvm does
not work on that cpu because it is needs some extensions from the cpu that
there arent. Bhyve is the only alternative because it is a mix between qemu and
kvm in terms of speed. So. My question is : how much old cpu there are that
cant run kvm ? I dont think mine is the only one. May be a good idea is to port
bhyve on linux to cover the little needs of the users who wants a fast hyp on
the old cpus. and not,qemu in these cpus is very slow. is not the solution. I
really think there isnt any better alternative than qemu in these situations.
The only one is bhyve
 if someone wants to try the scenarios that im talking about,they will
understand for sure. and maybe they want to start the porting of bhyve on
linux.

Realistic answer: if something can't be supported by kvm it's probably old enough that upgrading it makes more sense than investing developer resources on that niche case. 10 year old machines that do support kvm are basically free these days.

Other than that, I'm not going to argue the basically hypothetical case of "machines that can use bhyve hardware virtualization but not kvm hardware virtualization" because 1) there probably aren't many and 2) without details of what exactly is the problem with your particular machine I can't provide a sensible response. (There's not really much difference between kvm and bhyve requirements, so I'd guess something like a bios bug is causing issues.) Again, this just isn't a general problem and certainly not something worth a lot of resource expenditure.