On 12/11/23 04:47, Kamil Jońca wrote:
Richard Hector <rich...@walnut.gen.nz> writes:

Hi all,

I have a machine that runs as an openvpn server. It works fine; the
VPN stays up.

Are you sure? Have you client conneted and so on?

Yes. I can ssh to the machines at the other end.

However, after running for a while, I get these repeatedly in syslog:

Nov 07 12:17:24 ovpn2 openvpn[213741]: Options error: In [CMD-LINE]:1:
Error opening configuration file: opvn2.conf
Here you have something like typo (opvn2c.conf - I would expect ovpn2.conf)

Bingo - I was confused by the extra c, but that's not what you were referring to.

The logrotate postrotate line has

systemctl restart openvpn-server@opvn2

which is the source of the misspelling.

So it's trying to restart the wrong service.

To be honest, I haven't been very happy with the way the services get made up on the fly like that, only to fail ... it's bitten me in other ways before.

Thank you very much :-)

Richard