On 28/11/23 04:52, Michael Thompson wrote:

[lots of stuff]

Quick question - are you subscribed to the list? I notice you've replied a couple of times to your own emails, but not to any of the people who've offered suggestions. It's probably a good idea to subscribe, or at least check the archives:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/recent

Secondly, you say:

"I sent a big email a couple of days ago, which covered how you might work around that, but so far, it has not been fixed.
By my reckoning, it's been 6 days now."

Filing a bug may well be useful, but it should be done through the proper channels, not via a post on debian-user.

https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

Cheers,
Richard