On 1/22/24 12:54, David Christensen wrote:
On 1/22/24 03:23, gene heskett wrote:
On 1/22/24 04:46, David Christensen wrote:
It appears Amanda has a script API for both the client and the server:

https://manpages.debian.org/buster/amanda-common/amanda-scripts.7.en.html
All this is possible David, but needs someone to do it. So far our list of volunteers is pretty slim. I once wrote a script that added amanda's database to the end of the vtape amanda had just made, making a bare metal recovery to the state it had just reported instead of a bare metal being one run out of date, but I did that in bash. I've never did anything to amanda itself except compile it, its old perl, old python and probably older bash, all dumped into the same bowl and the mixer turned on high. Amanda, right now, needs 15 years of catchup tlc. I haven't even tried to build it since wheezy and I have far newer srcs than the current 3.51 here. While I have the /home/amanda dir with all that it , i'd have to create anew amanda user with passwd-less access to the system to even attempt a build of what I have.

Perhaps it is time to switch to another backup system, or build your own.

David

That I'm contemplating, using a pi clone but still running the amanda I just installed all 3 debs of on a bananapi-m5. How does an 8T backup server sound for another $200 in hdwe? Very enticing and I do have the sheckel's.
.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis