A few thoughts:

- I don't like the term "cancel" because I think it doesn't mean much
anymore and is too loaded. Are we discussing a handful of people leaving
volunteer positions? Yes. Are we discussing ruining their lives? No.

- I think some of us have been very close to the FSF and issues within
the FSF for a long time and have strong opinions based on our personal
and professional experiences working with the Board and the
organization. I certainly can't condense 11 years of working with the
FSF (as an intern, volunteer, and staff) into a single email. Some
people have been associated with the FSF even longer (take John
Sullivan, for instance).

- Obviously, I am one of the original signers of the letter. I like to
think it speaks for itself. The things it calls for are not sudden
thinking, conversations, studying non-profits, and being involved in
social movements and activist work.

- Georgia Young, former FSF Programs Manager, said something very
important: Nobody who wants rms off the FSF board is trying to destroy
his life, & many of us like things about him, but in a position of power
and influence, he has shown a disinterest in growth & change, & its
causing more harm than good.

- To be explicit to anyone reading this, this is exclusively about the
Board of the FSF (and to some extent the Voting Membership -- if you're
reading this you're probably not a voting member). This is not about the
staff. This is not about the mission of the FSF. This is not a
condemnation of free software.

Cheers,

mdb