2007/12/3, Brice Goglin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Øystein Gisnås wrote:
> > Just a minute after I sent the previous report, X.org <http://X.org>
> > crashed again. This time I managed to stop gdm from starting again.
> >  The attached Xorg.0.log is the same as in the previous report, but
> > this time with details about the crash towards the end.
> >
> > Would it give more info if I had the -dbg package installed?
>
> This is not a crash (segfault of the X server or so), this looks like a
> lockup (the server is stuck somewhere and stop processing anything
> else). So -dbg would probably not help, unless you can catch a segfault
> with gdb.

Note that there are two lockups/hangs/crashes, both with output to the log.
The first one happens sporadically and causes gdm to restart. Isn't that
most probably a crash? The second one, when the new X server starts, may
well be a lockup as you say. Wouldn't it be better to look at the first one
to find the cause here? The first clue in the log is: "Error in
I830WaitLpRing(), timeout for 2 seconds".

I haven't had the problem again (after ~10 hours of use) since I downgraded
to 2.1.1-4.

Cheers,
Øystein

> I tried to downgrade xserver-xorg-video-intel to 2.1.0-2, but I get a
> > conflict with xserver-xorg-core. Can someone suggest an
> > xserver-xorg-core-version I can use with 2.1.0-2, and where to
> > download that?
>
> You probably want 2.1.1-4, it is available from
>

> http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2007/09/17/debian/pool/main/x/xserver-xorg-video-intel/
> You won't have to downgrade xserver-xorg-core if you take this one.
>
> It this problem easy to reproduce? Did you switch to/from a virtual
> console right before it happened? You seem to have some VT switch
>
> It is not even sure that the "page table error" is related to the
> problem. Can you check whether the "page table error" appears when the
> lockup occurs and not earlier?

I might have switched to terminal, but I think I have had sessions that
crashed without any switches to terminal. I can't force the crash to happen
exactly when I want, but it happens quite regularly about every 2 hours.

Cheers,
Øystein