Andrew C. Dingman wrote:
Sorry I've been so silent. The affected system is my home desktop, and I
travel 80% or so for work, so I don't spend as much time fiddling with
it as I used to.

I can confirm that setting the accell method to XAA works on my machine,
except that it still kills text-mode. EXANoComposite didn't help at all.
Given that, do you know if there is any point in trying the patch
mentioned in Freedesktop.org bug 13456?

Since you seem to have a i965 board, the patch in 13456 shouldn't help.

Brice