Peter Nabbefeld wrote:

Hello,

I just want to create a database, if it does not yet exist. Database creation works, schema creation does not. I'm using the following syntax (in Java):

    Statement stmt = con.createStatement();
    stmt.execute("CREATE SCHEMA USER");

The result is an SQLException with SQLState = 42X01 (Syntax error).
What am I doing wrong? Before creation, I'm trying to insert a record. If an Exception is thrown, I ask for status 42Y07 (Schema does not exist). Derby is stable version (10.0.2.1).

USER is a reserved word. I think it would be nice if the error message reflected that.

--
Øystein