    KK> Hello,
    KK> I am new to Derby and to Transactions in general.

    KK> I want to perform some tasks to my databases using one thread and lock
    KK> the table that it uses from the remaining threads.

    KK> My qyestion is simple!

    KK> Haw can this be done with Jdbc and Derby?

I think you need to consult a JDBC text book and the Derby manuals in
order to learn JDBC.  You could also learn something from the example
programs that comes with Derby.

In order to lock a table for the rest of a transaction you can execute
the SQL statement: LOCK TABLE t IN EXCLUSIVE MODE;

--
Øystein