Thomas Vatter wrote:

A clustered index should be the fastest access for retrieving ordered columns. 'Create index' command does not yet support it. Since ordering is my main problem at the moment I post this as request for enhancement.

What do you mean by a clustered index? It usually means an index on primary key where records are stored witin the index, but I am not quite sure that is what you mean since one would not use 'create index' for a clustered index. Do you a composite index? I thought Derby supported that.

--
Øystein