Getting started early! I love it! Thanks for kicking this off Mo!

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 7:04 AM, Máirín Duffy <du...@redhat.com> wrote:

> And just to reply to myself... :)
>
> 1) One thing I'm thinking about maybe is texture. For example, iconic
> symbols that are normally very clean / aseptic in a very texturized sort of
> hand-drawn / natural form...
>
> https://www.behance.net/gallery/44947139/Snejana-Hill-Cosmetics

I kinda like this one. While the examples in the gallery are very stark
(black on white), I do see how we could use this for inspiration for the
wallpaper, as it could be translated to something that blends with the
background. The iconic symbols would also be a good mechanism to try to
tell bit more of a story with the wallpaper, and tie into a possible theme
for the release.

> 2) Another idea - beauty in imperfection - this series takes a hardware
> flaw - basically flawed lenses - and takes that weakness and turns it
> around into producing something beautiful:
>
> https://www.behance.net/gallery/45012957/Chromatic

This one is the easiest IMHO to be converted into a background. the
close-ups of the light bouncing around do make a great abstract image.

> 3) And yet another idea - playing with light - I love how this one uses
> both light and texture -
> https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/project_modules/1400/
> baa4fc45298479.582c202c2a165.png

> The full set is here:
> https://www.behance.net/gallery/45298479/Ikea-Light-animations

This one is the hardest for me to invisage how we are going to mke this
abstract enough to be a wallpaper (when compared to recent wallpapers).
Although taking the light and textureportions of it, it might also be fun
to play with.

cheers,
ryanlerch