Hi;

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 1:23 PM, Samuel Mehrbrodt <s.mehrbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Keith,
>
> good to see some movement on the UI.
> There's already a funding campaign for a new UI in LibreOffice:
> http://www.freedomsponsors.org/core/issue/175/new-libreoffice-ui

That is great to see as it can fund the work to fill in the empty prototype.

However, I think it would be better if the design team would create an
official bitmap. For example, should it be a sidebar, or should it be
on top? Things like this can be changed later, but the better the
starting point, the less work and the more likely it will be a
success.

> Concerning the choice of the toolkit: PyGTK is dead, you should use
> PyGObject which also supports GTK 3: https://live.gnome.org/PyGObject

Thanks for the info about PyGObject. I'll add that to the wiki page.
However, I wonder how well it works on Mac and Windows compared to
WxPython.

-Keith