@Roland

The problem is still here for me with yesterday's gstreamer update.

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Applications freeze randomly in 13.04

Status in “pulseaudio” package in Ubuntu:

  At random all audio players (even VLC) freeze completely when playing
  mp3s (it doesn't seem to happen with videos and I have not been able
  to test other formats as yet). It seems to be reproducible by trying
  to seek the file when its playing or by changing to another song on
  the playlist.

  I've tried to get some useful information on this bug using strace and
  running various audio players from the command line, but nothing so
  far as shown up that indicates the source of the trouble.

  Update:
  Finally capture something from Banshee:

  [Info  10:03:49.757] GStreamer version 1.0.3.0, gapless: False, replaygain:
False
  [Warn  10:04:07.917] Seem to be stuck loading
file:///home/rolandixor/Music/Big%20Duke/Unknown%20Album/60.%20Not%20Loosing.mp3,
 so re-trying

  Please not this has nothing to do with Banshee specifically (happens
  with clementine, gmusicbrowser, etc), and it happens in VLC as well
  (does VLC use gstreamer on Linux?).