** Tags added: resume

** Tags added: black-screen

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in Ubuntu.

  Black Screen After Suspend + Lock Screen

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-intel” package in Ubuntu:

  I was subscribed to Bug #966744  for many weeks. It was marked as
  resolved and the problem went away for many weeks. Recently, I feel
  there has been some sort of regression? I'm not sure but the symptoms
  are pretty much the same.  This has happened to me a few times in the
  last few days. I cannot reproduce consistently.

  I'm using Ubntu 12.10

  1) My laptop wakes up from suspend.
  2) I am presented with my lock screen (Enter your password)
  3) I type in my password and press Enter.

  Expected: Desktop
  Actual: Black Screen

  -=-=-

  Horrible workaround:

  Press Ctrl+Alt+F2 (or F3, F4, F5, F6 :: F7 is the Desktop)
  $ sudo stop lightdm
  $ sudo start lightdm