** Description changed:

  I'm using ubuntu 11.04 i386 with proprietary nVidia drivers.
  metacity package has version 2.30.3-0ubuntu8
  Compositing is disabled.

  Sometimes (~once a week) metacity stops responding and starts consuming 100%
CPU. Usually it happens when I close a window. After it all windows become
unusable.
  Running metacity-message restart has no effect. If I kill metacity process
the whole X-session terminates and gdm appears.

  Update:
- Also my .xsession-errors gets flooded by following two messages:
+ I noticed, that last time I met this bug my ~/.xsession-errors was flooded up
to size of 2GiB with following two messages:
  (metacity:2769): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_poll_write_control: assertion
`set != NULL' failed
  (metacity:2769): GStreamer-WARNING **: gstsystemclock: write control failed
in wakeup_async, trying again : 27:File too large

Packages, which is subscribed to metacity in Ubuntu.

  Metacity hangs and consumes 100% CPU

Status in “metacity” package in Ubuntu: