Public bug reported:

Since upgrading to Ubuntu 16.10, I have noticed that while switching
users asks for password twice.  I have three users on this computer, and
at any given time more than one is logged on, once I leave, and another
user comes along and clicks on the top right corner and picks their
account, computer asks for their password. Once entered successfully,
the screen locks and asks for their password. This was not an issue in
16.04.

** Affects: gnome-screensaver (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screensaver in Ubuntu.

  switching users asks for password twice

Status in gnome-screensaver package in Ubuntu: