Here is the workaround for people coming into this bug with Two Factor
Auth set.  You need to generate an application specific password for the
Google acct in "Online Accounts" from this page:
https://security.google.com/settings/security/apppasswords

Google's full documentation on generating application specific passwords
for applications that aren't compatible with MFA:
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

I saw this as well, and set an app specific password to get around it,
but it would be nice if I didn't have to use that workaround.  :)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-calendar in Ubuntu.

  gnome-calendar keeps asking for my google password

Status in gnome-calendar package in Ubuntu:

  Once in a while, perhaps two or three times a day gnome-calendar pops
  up a dialog asking for my google password.

  I have two online google accounts set, but the problem begun after I
  upgraded from zesty, where I had those two accounts as well. They
  didn't appear in the new settings application, but still gnome-
  calendar was asking for the password. One of them has two phase
  authentication set and the other not.

  After I added the online accounts in the new settings app, the
  calendar is synchronized but it still popping the authentication
  window and is very annoying.

  bug report in gnome-calendar:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-calendar/+bug/1726922

  Package: gnome-calendar 3.26.2-1