A far as it looks for me the problem is not HP's site change. With every
HPLIP release I (as the maintainer of the OpenPrinting web site) get the
plugin e-mailed from a person of the HPLIP team and upload it to the
appropriate place on the OpenPrinting web server. I checked and I
actually got plugins for 3.17.6 and 3.17.10 (which I both have uploaded)
but not for 3.17.7 and 3.17.9.

So the problem is that HP did not supply the plugin for 3.17.7 and
3.17.9.

** Changed in: hplip

** Summary changed:

- hp-plugin-3.17.9 is not avaiable because of new website
+ hp-plugin for 3.17.7 and 3.17.9 is not available

Packages, which is subscribed to hplip in Ubuntu.

  hp-plugin for 3.17.7 and 3.17.9 is not available

Status in HPLIP:
  Confirmed
Status in hplip package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  moving to new website https://developers.hp.com/ makes hp plugin non-
  downloadable - this breaks installing any printer where hp plugin is
  needed - please fix it immediately. I cannot find hp plugin on your
  new website, so I cannot even create a temporary patch, which could
  fix it. Patch would be changing fallback url in
  installer/pluginhandler.py to the newest url, where we can find hp
  plugin.