Not just the [snap] package. Version LibreOffice 5.4.2.2 40m0(Build:2)
from standard ubuntu repositories. Also an issue with AFP shares.

The old fix of: sudo sed -i 's/X-GIO-NoFuse=true/#X-GIO-NoFuse=true/'
/usr/share/applications/libreoffice*

from: https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/30497/solved-libreoffice-
421ubuntu-1204-error-not-open-network-files/

does not work.

There seem to be lots of related bugs floating around for version 4
regarding GVFS etc etc but it is still as issue for me with version
5.x.x.x. Not sure of the versions it affects though, sorry. How does one
use libreoffice with ubuntu in an actual workplace with this issue or is
there another workaround that network admins know of?

  [snap] cannot open files on samba shares

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  The LO snap (version 5.4.2.2, currently in the candidate channel)
  silently fails to open files on samba shares. I'm not seeing related
  apparmor denials, and no error message, but files are not opened.