Setting to new because he submitted it upstream.

** Changed in: gnome-keyring (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-keyring in Ubuntu.

  pam-gnome-keyring.so reveals user’s password credential as a plaintext
  form

Status in gnome-keyring package in Ubuntu:

  When I perform memory dump of session-child process, user’s login
  credential, including user accounts and their password, is revealed as
  a plaintext form.

  In ‘pam_sm_authenticate’ function, user’s password is stored in the
  heap memory of ‘pam_handle->data” to perform unlock the keyring in
  later.

  After unlocking the keyring, the pam module does not free/overwrite
  the memory area though the password is no longer used.

  We thus could find user’s login credentials.

  This raises concerns over the credential being misused for illegal
  behavior, such as acquiring user’s session key.

  It would be better to clean the heap memory.

  Package: gnome-keyring 3.18.3-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.13.0-36.40~16.04.1-generic 4.13.13
  Uname: Linux 4.13.0-36-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.15
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Wed May 23 22:53:12 2018
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20180228)
  SourcePackage: gnome-keyring
  upstart.gnome-keyring-ssh.log: grep:
/home/sungjungk/.config/autostart/gnome-keyring-ssh.desktop: No such file or
directory