** Description changed:

  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/totem/issues/268
+
+ ---
+
+ https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/totem/merge_requests/18/

  ---

  Package totem 3.26.0-0ubuntu6

  totem 3.26.0 running on Ubuntu 18.04 silently fails to create screenshot
  gallery. I'm assuming that this has something to do with totem-video-
  thumbnailer.

  Steps to reproduce:

  totem-video-thumbnailer -g 20 inputvideo outputpng

  I can reproduce this result with both HEVC and AVC encoded videos. I
  haven't been able to test other codecs, but the error indicates the
  codec isn't the problem.

  totem 3.18.1 under Ubuntu 16.04 does not have this problem.

  Any further information required I will be happy to produce within my
abilities.
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.4
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity:Unity7:ubuntu
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20180725)
  Package: totem 3.26.0-0ubuntu6
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  Tags:  bionic wayland-session
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  XorgLog: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/log/Xorg.0.log'
  _MarkForUpload: True

Packages, which is subscribed to totem in Ubuntu.

  It is necessary to update the documentation of totem-video-thumbnailer

Status in totem package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description: