I have same bug on Ubuntu 18.04. I use laptop and external monitor (AOC 27")
"All displays" - works fine
"Build in display" - shows dock on external monitor
"AOC 27" - shows dock on laptop.

Also I noticed that this only appears when I select my external monitor
as "Primary display" (Settings -> Devices -> Displays). So I think OS
confuses "Primary display" with "Build in display"

  Problems with the Dock setting of "Show on" in the Appearance tab

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  I use a laptop with external monitor in a dual display set-up.

  The "Screen Display" tab of Settings application correctly shows:

  Display 1 as the built-in display
  Display 2 as the external monitor

  If I go to the new "Appearance" tab I see that the Dock is set to
  display on the Built-in display but it is actually being displayed on
  the external monitor. If I change this setting to display on the
  external monitor it displays on the laptop's built-in display.

  Once set to "All displays" the setting can not be unset and the dock
  insists on being displayed on both the laptop's built-in display and
  the external monitor.

  I used the Dconf editor to set
  org.gnome.shell.extensions.dash-to-dock.multi-monitor to off to correct the
problem although the settings application again shows that the dock is being
displayed on the built-in display when in fact it is being shown on the
external monitor.

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.35.91-0ubuntu3
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME