Thanks for the bug report.

Does the same bug occur if you log into 'Ubuntu on Xorg'?

Does the same bug occur if you run the Ubuntu kernel instead of the
generic one you have installed?

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

  Wrong resolution on second monitor after resume from suspend

  I am running Ubuntu 21.10 on wayland.

  I have two monitors connected to a AMD 5500xt, one via HDMI and
  another, the secondary, via DP, with an DP->VGA adaptor. This setup
  worked just fine on Ubuntu 21.04, also on wayland.

  After updating to 21.10, often (but not always) the secondary monitor
  wakes up showing a wrong, lower resolution. Instead of the normal
  1280x1024, it starts at 800x600. Despite this, in Gnome Settings the
  resolution is still reported as 1280x1024.

  I can solve this issue by changing the resolution in settings and
  reverting back to 1280x1024.

  Package: gnome-shell 40.5-1ubuntu2
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Wed Nov  3 11:44:16 2021
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.10 "Groovy Gorilla" - Release amd64 (20201022)
  RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 40.5-1ubuntu2
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to impish on 2021-10-03 (30 days ago)