Sigh. Please close ticket. After hitting Send I went and looked at
Preferences again and NOW I see there's a Security section where you can
turn off the Primary Password feature.

Sorry for wasting your time. :-/

Jason

** Changed in: remmina (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to remmina in Ubuntu.

  keep getting asked to set a Primary Password?

Status in remmina package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Under Ubuntu-22.04beta I am continually getting prompted to set what I
  assume is a master password for remmina cred changes. The issue is
  that I have it configured to save to gnome-keyring. And if I bring up
  that gnome-keyring I can see the remmina creds I've saved in there -
  so all is good on that front.

  ie the gnome-keyring and whatever this "primary password" thing is are
  doing the same thing and only one should win - the latter should be
  disabled. There doesn't seem to be any way to disable it - I am just
  hitting cancel and it keeps popping up later.

  Package: remmina 1.4.24+dfsg-2
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Thu Mar 17 16:06:00 2022
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Alpha amd64 (20220313)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_NZ:en
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>