ubuntu-desktop-minimal Recommends xdg-desktop-portal-gnome and
Recommends are installed by default.

If you intentionally don't install Recommends, then your system will
have bugs like this.

But we can look at making the dependency stronger.

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

** Package changed: firefox (Ubuntu) => ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- firefox snap can not open any file dialogs
+ Have ubuntu-desktop-minimal depend on xdg-desktop-portal-gnome

** Description changed:

+ I propose having ubuntu-desktop-minimal depend on
+ xdg-desktop-portal-gnome | xdg-desktop-portal-backend
+
+ Currently, there is only a Recommends on xdg-desktop-portal-gnome.
+
+ If a system doesn't have that dependency installed, then desktop snaps
+ including our critical Firefox and Chromium snaps have severe missing
+ functionality.
+
+ Original Bug Report
+ -------------------
  With ubuntu 22.04 firefox comes as snap package by default.

  it is not possible to open any file dialog. save graphics as, save html
  page, import certificate never opens a file dialog.

  firefox is completly useless without that file dialog.

  (the root case is ubuntu uses snap)

  further: in snap store firefox has no icon and it's called firefox not
  "Firefox".

** Changed in: ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu)

  Have ubuntu-desktop-minimal depend on xdg-desktop-portal-gnome

Status in ubuntu-meta package in Ubuntu: